Communications & Publications
"Sharing the word of God, in a holistic manner through mass Media”.
Commission for Mass Communication
To carry out its mission of sharing the love of God, the commission, facilitates the production of productions for the electronic media, as well as coordinates media, and publicity related activities of the Council. Apart from this The Mass Communication unit, coordinates workshops to enhance skills and opportunities for mass media communicators, and Culture related activities such as Speech, Drama etc.
The mandate is to facilitate and coordinate the;
- Publication & Production of resources for growth of Christians
- Production of TV and Radio Programmes
- Development of cultural relevance in worship and communication (music,art drama etc)
- Promoting Courses and Workshops (Sound Engineering/ TV & Radio Presenting/ Live Streaming etc….)
Our main line of work involves the production of radio programmes. The Mass Communication unit produces around 550 programmes covering around 100 hours annually, which aired over the state run media networks, namely the Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation. Our regular programmes are;
- Radio – Christian Half Hour ( Sinhala/Tamil/English)
- Thoughts/Sunday Meditation programme – (Sinhala/Tamil/English)
- Children’s Programme – ( Sinhala/Tamil/English)