Sharing the word of God, in a holistic manner through mass Media”.
Commission for Mass Communication
To carry out its mission of sharing the love of God, the commission, facilitates the production of productions for the electronic media, as well as coordinates media, and publicity related activities of the Council. Apart from this The Mass Communication unit, coordinates workshops to enhance skills and opportunities for mass media communicators, and Culture related activities such as Speech, Drama etc.
The mandate is to facilitate and coordinate the;
- Production of Radio/TV programmes
- Development of cultural relevance in worship and communication (music, arts, drama etc.)
- Address issues related to Modern information technology
- Publication & Production of resources for growth of Christian life and witness of the Church
Our main line of work involves the production of radio programmes. The Mass Communication unit produces around 550 programmes covering around 100 hours annually, which aired over the state run media networks, namely the Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation. Our regular programmes are;
- Radio – Christian Half Hour ( Sinhala/Tamil/English)
- Thoughts/Sunday Meditation programme – (Sinhala/Tamil/English)
- Children’s Programme – ( Sinhala/Tamil/English)
Schedule for Regular Radio Programmes
1 Rupavahini – On the forth Sunday of every other month, at 6.00pm, “Sudasuna” the next programme will be on the 28th August at 6.00 pm.
ECUMENICAL TELEGRAPH (e-newsletter)
The commission now publishes an occasional newsletter circulated on mail to all Churches and other contacts on the activities of the Council. The latest release was on the 30th June 2016
Link to be given News Letter – June 2016 <http://t.issuu.com/v1/?u=25224831&i=1069481117&c=Transactional&m=email&s=conversion_success&r=http%3A//issuu.com/nccsl/docs/june_nccsl
Christian Journalists Forum
- Now been identified as Journalist for Ethics and Peace, working towards the objective of being able to create a voice and a space for the injustice taking place, and also maximise on the availability of the media, with regard major national issues. Regular monthly meetings are being held and is open to persons of any religion.
Address issues related to Modern information technology …….
Enhance and facilitate the knowledge on media for students, as per the school Curriculum and extended it to relate promote Christian radio programmes. The pogramme covers
- History of Communication
- A brief description of Mass Communication,
- The implications on modern technology and social media,
The students were given the opportunity, having practical sessions at the studio too
Ten schools have participated in this programme so far and the last were the students from Sri Parakramahu Vidyala, Colombo 05.
Await ! details of Publication of a book on the life and work of Mr. Felix Premawardena
We extend an open invitation to all you, talented persons, to join us produce programmes, write articles or scripts, sing or even share your knowledge as resource persons. Those of you who have skills and IT, you are needed too.
Contact person Ms. Gayathri Gajamange
Contact Details – 011 2697636 or 011 2671723
e -mail firstname.lastname@example.org